- Over the river and through the woods
- Or staying home
- A time to record a new chapter of family stories
Recording a new chapter for Thanksgiving? Hmm…
- Well there is the new Story Corps App
- Thanksgiving – Show and Tell
- A Digital Voice Recorder or the Voice App. on your Smart Phone
- You can use a Camera or Video Recorder (also on your Smart Phone)
- Wake up early
- Help in the kitchen
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Record a new chapter of stories – interview a loved one or a friend
- The annual family chore
- Polishing… the wood, the silver, and the plates
- Favorite dishes
- Setting the table
- Share what you are thankful for… more stories
- Share a story… what’s new, what do you remember…
- Listen to a story…
- Ask a question… what was Thanksgiving like…; did you ever attend the Macy’s parade in New York…?
- Be prepared to…Turn on the voice recorder
- Record a new chapter…
- Follow-up during quiet time after the meal or the next day… Ask another question… take a photo…
- Explore what’s in the basement… Where did you get that…?
- Something new
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade… did you watch it when you were little…?
- Hospitality… say thank you… take a picture or a video…
- Record a new chapter?
Whether you are celebrating old traditions, doing something new and different, far from home, or with friends and family, I hope you will take the time to record a new chapter, a few new stories, or a few old stories. You will be glad you did.
Bruce Summers, Personal History, Summoose Tales, email@example.com
Board Member Association of Personal Historians, Director of Regions and Chapters